Truck Accident Law Firm in Denver, Colorado
An auto or truck accident can happen in an instant, but affect you for a lifetime. Auto accidents are chaotic, destructive, and confusing, and the aftermath can be just as bad. When truck accidents occur, the victims most likely to suffer death or injury are passenger vehicle occupants. Trucks can take as much as 40% longer than a passenger vehicle to come to a stop. These vehicles are heavier than passenger vehicles, are taller, and therefore pose a greater risk to passenger vehicle occupants when an accident occurs. Truck companies are subject to stricter regulations. Unlike passenger vehicle accidents, truck accident personal injury claims can often be far more complex. Trucks may have high-limit insurance policies and there may be more than one party responsible for a crash. In a typical passenger vehicle accident, a personal injury lawyer will often look at the role each party in the accident played to determine negligence. In a truck accident, the driver may be responsible, but other parties, such as the shipping company, the trucking company, mechanics, and other parties may also be responsible for the crash.
Andrew T. Brake, P.C. is a truck accident lawyer in Denver, Colorado who works closely with victims and families to help them seek justice after an accident. Our firm can review the details of your case, investigate the truck company and driver, and fight to help you get the best possible settlement permitted under the law. If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident in Denver, Colorado, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim against insurance companies and negligent parties. Protect your rights. Speak to Andrew T. Brake, P.C., a truck accident law firm in Denver, Colorado.
Understanding Why Truck Accident Claims Can Be Complex
Truck accident victims may have the right to seek damages from more than one party after an accident. Because more than one party may be responsible for your truck accident, it can be helpful to have a qualified truck accident law firm like Andrew T. Brake, P.C. on your side in Denver, Colorado. Determining negligence may require some investigation on the part of your truck accident lawyer. Truck companies are required to abide by strict hours of service laws, are required to keep vehicles in good working order, are required to obey weight restrictions, and meet other strict requirements. When truck companies cut corners, passenger vehicle victims are often the ones who suffer. The first step your truck accident lawyer will take will be to look at the causes of your truck accident. What are some causes of truck accidents?
- Truck drivers are sometimes put under immense pressure. While drivers are required to abide by Federal hours of service laws, sometimes drivers cut corners and drive longer than they should. This can result in tired drivers making mistakes. Andrew T. Brake, P.C. is a truck accident Law Firm in Denver, Colorado, that can review a driver’s log, shipping schedules, and other information to determine whether the driver followed hours of service laws.
- Drunk driving or drugged driving. Police can check to see if a truck driver was intoxicated, but there may be other factors at play in your crash. Truck drivers are required to submit to regular medical testing, and may not be permitted to drive if they are taking certain kinds of medications. Abuse of prescription drugs can make a driver unfit. Even taking certain types of prescriptions can impact a driver’s alertness. While truck companies are required to keep driver’s medical records up to date, sometimes drivers fail to update companies about changes to their medical history.
- Truck companies are required to keep vehicles in working order. However, this can be expensive. When truck companies cut corners, or fail to perform regular maintenance, or when they perform substandard repairs, accidents can happen. Brake and tire failures, for example, can be deadly.
- Distracted driving. Truck companies may not have tolerance policies for texting and driving. However, when drivers engage in these behaviors, they can often put others at risk. More truck cabins have cameras that allow companies to see what drivers are doing. A truck accident lawyer like Andrew T. Brake, P.C. in Denver, Colorado can request this data, if it is available.
- Overloaded trucks. Federal and state regulations set strict limits on how heavy a truck can be. Heavier trucks might take longer to stop and may be more at risk of tipping over, suffering brake failures, or suffering tire failures.
- When truck drivers are pressured to meet strict schedules, they may speed. Speeding can kill. If speed was a factor in your accident, you may have the right to seek damages.
These are just some of the causes of truck accidents. If a truck driver or truck company was responsible for your injuries or losses, you and your family may be entitled to seek damages for medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. Reach out to Andrew T. Brake, P.C., a truck accident law firm in Denver, Colorado today to learn more.
Protect Yourself After a Truck Accident in Denver, Colorado
If you’ve been in a truck accident, financial pressures can quickly mount. You could be facing high medical bills, stress due to missed time from work, and lost wages stemming from missed work days. Unfortunately, your insurance company may not necessarily have your best interests in mind. Claims adjustors – both yours and other parties – are under pressure to settle cases in the quickest, most cost-effective manner possible. This is why you should have a truck accident lawyer on your side. Our firm can look over the settlement adjusters are offering. Sometimes adjusters use formulas or estimates to determine your settlement. If these formulas or estimates are not accurate or are not based on proper information, you could be offered a lower settlement than you may deserve. Andrew T. Brake, P.C. is a truck accident law firm that can help you navigate the insurance claims process. Our law firm can help you deal with all the other parties involved – the other driver(s), their insurance company, your insurance company – and work to obtain a fair and full settlement for your case.
Andrew T Brake, P.C. is a truck accident Law Firm that understands Colorado personal injury law, including the recently revised auto insurance laws. Andrew Brake will also help you handle the various medical aspects regarding a vehicular accident. If you’ve been involved in a truck accident in the Denver or Boulder area, or anywhere else in Colorado, please contact the Brake Law Firm, P.C. today. The aftermath of a truck accident is difficult enough without an experienced lawyer on your side, so let us stack the deck in your favor. Time is a significant factor in your ability to receive a fair settlement, so call us as soon as possible.